This rich, creamy, delectable cauliflower vegetable bake will have you licking your spoons and craving for more!
It’s filled with lots of wonderful vegetables like aubergine, spinach, mushrooms, and of course, cauliflower (which people seem to either love or hate). But I promise you, you won’t regret trying this!
I have a confession. Oftentimes when I cook, it’s not with a recipe. I just make things up as I go, as I try to mindfully engage with ingredients and cooking them. Sometimes my dishes flop, other times, like on this occasion, they turn out to be wholesome, and morish!
Forgive me if I miss little things out of my recipes – it’s a work in progress but all with good intention and love. Try it out and feel free to swap vegetables or add more – make it yours.This rich, creamy, delectable vegetable bake will have you licking your spoons and craving for more! Click To Tweet
Lastly, if you try this gorgeous recipe, send a photo so I share your delight!
Gentle hugs x
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 head cauliflower With florets separated and cut in half
- 1 aubergine Chopped in small cubes
- 100 grams spinach leaves
- 1 brown onion
- 300 ml double cream Less or more to your liking. Can be substituted with oat cream
- 50 grams cream cheese Less or more to your liking
- 50 grams cheddar cheese Grated
- Home made hot sauce To taste
- Salt To taste
- A handful mushrooms
- Put cauliflower and aubergine pieces on a tray and sprinkle freely with olive oil. A dash of cajun spice is optional. Put in the oven to roast on 180 degrees celcius for 20 minutes. Monitor as you want them to have a slight crunch. Take out of oven once cooked and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium pan. Saute onions and mushrooms. Add salt and home made hot sauce to taste. Add cream and mix together. Add in cream cheese, followed by cheddar. (Leave a little cheddar back). Cook for a few minutes then toss spinach leaves in and turn off heat.
- Lay roasted cauliflower and aubergine in a greased oven dish evenly. Then pour cream cheese mixture over it evenly. Top with cheddar. Bake in oven at 180 degrees celcius for 20 minutes or until the cheese on top melts.
2 Replies to “Creamy cauliflower vegetable bake”
I make cauliflower cheese/ bake a lot but this was the first time I added hot sauce and other vegetables. It’s so good!!!
Thanks for the recipe. Love it.
Glad you tried it and liked it! 🙂 very pleased to hear 🙂