I just love a quiche! but I’ve never been too keen on the crust.
Crustless quiches are so easy, relatively cheap to make and the fun part is mixing up the ingredients to make a different one each time. You can use just about any veggies you have in your fridge. Today I wanted to this quiche to be more kale so I’ve kept it to two key ingredients. Nevermind the quantities in this, you can still make it even if you have a handful of everything. If you try it, let me know how it turns out!
A packet cherry tomatoes (330g – £0.79 Tesco)
Curly kale, about 160g (206g – £100 Tesco)
Half on a large onion
1 cup organic milk (1 pint – £0.60 TescoNote, you can use any milk for this)
6 large free-range eggs (£1.25 – Tesco)
Handful grated cheese ( I had a little less than half of block of cheese leftover)
Handful of chopped chives
Few leaves of fresh thyme
Handful of pumpkin seeds (150g for £1.25 Tesco)
Few drops lemon
Salt to taste
Home-made hot sauce – optional (Note: this always appears in my cooking because there’s alot of seasonings in it that add flavour to the meal. If you don’t have it you could just add some scotch bonnet peppers and ginger to your cooking or concoct your own hot sauce by blending peppers with seasonings of your choice (ginger, coriander, garlic) and vinegar/some oil as a base) to start with.
1. Saute onions, ginger, chives in heated olive oil for a few minutes in a wide wok or pan. Toss in cherry tomatoes and leave for 2 minutes.
2. Add hot sauce.
3. Add kale and cover pot for 1 to 2 minutes. Add salt and thyme (leaves only). Remove from heat.
4. Add eggs to a large bowl with a few drops lemon. Add milk and mix thoroughly. Add grated most of cheese to mixture(leaving back a little), set aside. If you like your quiche to raise you can add a dash of baking powder. I added a dash of baking soda to this mixture but this is optional.
5. Oil or butter a glass baking dish and lay out kale mixtures across it. Pour egg/milk mixture over on top.Sprinkle last bits of grated cheese on top with pumpkin seeds, as well as a few thyme leaves.
6. Bake at 180 to 200 degrees (c) for 25 to 30minutes.
Gentle hugs 🙂 x