Changes between seasons seem particularly difficult for us fibromyalgia patients.
Not just with pain, other symptoms seem to flare up including IBS.
I wanted to share a list of things I do to manage my IBS. Hope this helps.
- Colpermin or any brand of peppermint capsules I find useful for reducing severe bloating which can be painful!
- Acidophilus capsules for keeping a healthy balance of bacteria in the digestive tract which alleviates symptoms like flatulence, bloating and diarrhoea. Acidophilus is a type of friendly bacteria.
- Probiotics yogurt drinks for restoring friendly bacteria in the gut.
- Walking (mostly the only exercise I get) which helps the bloating
- Avoiding gas producing foods like beans and fizzy drinks