- I tried virtual reality with Healium for my anxiety…here’s…
- Fibromyalgia and chronic pain patients in for battle over…
- Overcomers: Sheryl’s search for meaning: life in pain and…
- Review: the pain companion by Sarah Anne Shockley
- Pain relief with Quell: Sponsored Post
- (Welcome to the) Hall of Pain
- Resigned to pain
- My Worse (Fibromyalgia) Nightmare
2 Replies to “The realness found in pain”
It’s true there will always be those who choose not to see how ppl with chronic pain struggle… I’ve recently had to write a very dear friend a lengthy letter because she compared my struggle with someone who, in her opinion, is worse off than me! Really???? Who says? So, thank you!
Hey Maria, I am so sorry you had to go through that! I often tell people including my own friends that there is no point in comparing. Personally I don’t like it when people do that. Obviously in the world there are people better and worse off than us, we know that. Comparing is kinda like telling someone to get a grip, I feel. Every person feels their own suffering and pain and comparing shows a lack of compassion and empathy.